Since entering the region in 2005, YouGov's public sector research consulting team has worked closely with numerous government and semi-government organisations on a wide range of projects and initiatives.
We have conducted studies involving quantitative, qualitative, online and offline methodologies to help our clients build strategic development plans, communication strategies, corporate reputation plans, customer service improvement systems, policy development strategies and policy evaluations.
Our team of experts will talk to you in detail to truly understand the methodology, target group and level of servicing required to meet your needs. Our services include surveys conducted online, face-to-face or CAPI, telephone interviews, qualitative in-depth interviews or group discussions. Studies conducted in this sector include:
- Customer Satisfaction and Mystery Shopping Programs: The fast development of public services at national and local levels has put institutions in the spotlight in terms of ensuring best level of service and customizing the services to each customer segment. YouGov has developed an integrated approach for customer satisfaction assessment in the public sector focusing on brand reputation and community results. We offer actionable plans to increase satisfaction levels by a thorough evaluation of all touch points, services and channels offered. Our experts will help you develop the preventive and corrective action plans for any quality management system: EFQM, ISO 9001:2008, DGEP, AD Award for Excellence in Government Performance, Six Sigma, etc. As members of the Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA), YouGov completes the customer satisfaction offer with best mystery shopping programs.
- Needs and expectations assessment: The Arab spring has once again drawn leaders’ attention to the quality of life of citizens and residents in the region. The YouGov Governmental and Social vertical specializes in developing surveys to assess the needs and expectations of citizens using qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Our reports highlight areas of concern and sources of risk. They also include recommendations for immediate action to improve perceptions and for long-term, strategic developments.
- Behavioural change programs: Modern life is becoming increasingly risky, with changes in lifestyle or eating habits due to lack of time and other factors. Very often, public institutions are requested to design behavioural change programs to address societal risks in the fields of eating habits, road safety, energy conservation or simply adopting new public services. Using state-of-the-art behavioural change models, YouGov offers expertise in designing programs to improve behaviours.
- Event or campaign monitoring and tracking: An important part of public institutions’ activity focuses on informing the public on activities, services, initiatives or specific programs. YouGov has the right solution for campaign monitoring through every phase of the project, helping to assess the performance of the campaign and the performance of different executions (TVC, radio, newspapers, outdoor, internet). The team can also give recommendations on what should be changed in the execution in order to increase message comprehensibility and retention rate.
- Brand health and corporate reputation assessment: Many institutions in the Middle East region have been created recently while others have seen their social role altered by social and political events. YouGov helps institutions to assess the value of their brand, to measure perceptions and the position of the institutional brand in the public space. The results are then compared to the institution’s vision and mission and an action plan is recommended to improve brand’s relative performance.
- Social trends research: We live in a world of change coming from various sources: social tensions, technological advances and evolution of needs. These changes also impact the way in which citizens and consumers interact with institutions, services and brands. YouGov can help you better understand the current behaviours and belief systems of specific target groups and how are they likely to evolve in the near future. The Government and social team can also advise on how to improve policies or the service delivery chain in order to better fit residents’ expectations.
- Segmentation and profiling: YouGov advanced analytics team enables our clients to segment citizens or customers using a variety of aspects from their lifestyle to behaviour, attitudes, brand interactions, media consumption, demographic characteristics and geographical location. As a result, our clients get actionable plans on what, how and when to communicate to different audiences.
YouGov offers a range of services which allow our clients to choose and customize their final level of reporting depending on their needs, timelines and budgets. Deliverables range from basic tables of results, to additional statistical analysis and interpretation, to strategic advice from our industry experts.
YouGov operates a pure research online panel of over 4 million respondents in 37 countries globally. These respondents represent a wide range of ages, socio-economic groups and other demographic types which allow us to access hard to reach groups and create nationally representative online samples. Our Middle East & North Africa and South Asia panel currently has over 500,000 members across 21 countries.
Public behaviour and preferences
The many studies we have conducted in the public sector and the extensive profiling surveys we run on a regular basis means our panel is not only highly engaged but we hold detailed, up-to-date and accurate profiles regarding their political and social behaviour and preferences.
For example, in countries such as Egypt and Pakistan, panelists are profiled based on their voting behaviour. Therefore, pre-screening information exists on:
- Participation in elections
- Voting choice
- Political views regarding economic and social matters
- Sources of information about politics
In addition, our entire panel is profiled on demographic variables which can be used for targeting specific consumers across different countries. These variables include gender, age, nationality, location, education, car ownership, job sector, and many more.
To discuss your requirements please contact Lara Al Barazi on +971 4 369 4569.